Saturday, September 6, 2014

Trail Half

I'm back...

Today I ran the "Herriman Hold 'Em" trail half marathons (13.1 miles). While I haven't been logging much about my athletics, I'm still doing it. I signed up for the full race series (5k in May, 10k in June, half marathons was in August but it was rescheduled due to storms). My times weren't great but I've been training well and having fun. Sort of...


You see, since recently starting a medication, my long runs have been disasters. My heart rate shoots up out of the gate, and won't come down. I have to walk, some times a lot. It's happened on all but one training ride (before which I forgot to take my medication). Today was unfortunately no exception.

What's good about this is that I just ran a trail half marathon. Wait let me say that again... I JUST RAN A TRAIL HALF MARATHON!!!!! I'm thrilled that I'm not upset because I didn't finish. I have trained enough that I never doubted whether I could go the distance. To be upset at a 3:02:00 half, well, that's a blessing. Oddly enough I promise myself I wouldn't take the medication this morning but I just did it automatically. Lesson learned.

So I have something to look forward to... Knocking 45 min off my time. I swear, I'm going to run a half in a few weeks, just to prove I can do it.

Oh and by running all three of the series races, I earned my "Mountain Maniac" belt buckle. I thought I would have to do a rodeo to earn a buckle like that!


No comments:

Post a Comment