Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bricked

Great workout tonight. I feel like my cold is pretty much behind me. My heart rate on the bike was down a lot, I kept it right around 138-140, peaked at 145 a couple of times. I added another 20 min session (so instead of 3x20, I did 4x20) and hit 26 miles, just about halfway to my 56 mile ride for Ironman.

After I rode, I bricked and did a 15-min treadmill run. I hopped on and punched the 6 MPH button... That was humerous--I was almost instantly at 150 BPM. Given that I'm still in base, I backed off to 5.0 MPH and ran a quick 1.3 miles. Nothing to write home about, but still felt good.

So I'm finding I can pretty well predict my heart rate and correlate it to my speed. I'm finding after 2 straight days of legs (ran yesterday, biked today, and I rode long on Saturday), I'm needing a bit more stretching, especially in my back.

Tomorrow is my first day at Master's swimming. There are benefits to being old...

No comments:

Post a Comment